Benefits of organic farming
The solution to fast disappearing natural resources – Organic Farming!
We have been talking about how it is necessary for all of us to “Go Green,” in all walks of life – right from personal care products to material used for constructing our homes. In the course of our blogs we have spoken at length on how to grow your own organic vegetables even in limited spaces and the benefit thereof. It’s time to gain better insight on organic farming especially in India.
What is the need for organic farming?
The burgeoning population is exerting severe pressure on the earth’s resources and hence the need for a sustainable cultivation and food production. That said the ever increasing pollution; the overflow of adulterated food products and the resultant irreversible damage to human health has prompted science to look for alternate methods of farming. That, my friends is the story of the birth of organic farming!
Essence of organic farming
In our quick overview of organic farming let us pay attention to the key features:
- The soil quality is protected from the ravages of chemicals
- Maintains nitrogen fixation
- Overall health of plants and in the long run livestock and humans is protected
- Conservation of the environment and natural habitats
- Access to unadulterated and pure food
- Multiple cropping is practiced which leads to bio diversity and improved soil fertility.